TREK and our staff have been involved in geotechnical aspects on a wide variety of energy related projects including thermal (natural gas and coal) and hydroelectric generation. We have also provided support on linear distribution networks such as electrical transmission lines and gas pipelines, and the design of electric substations, converter stations, and gas compressor stations.
Energy related projects often require large multi-disciplinary teams to address a variety of complicated issues. TREK has provided geotechnical support in expert fashion to such teams in the past and is proud to have been involved in some of the largest energy projects presently under construction in Manitoba such as the Bi-Pole 3 complex, and the Keeyask Generating station.
Our expert services in this sector include:
- Terrain assessment
- Sub-surface investigations and site characterization
- Routing and site selection
- Design of water retaining structures
- Management of storage reservoirs (erosion and slope stability)
- Foundation design and load testing of piles
- Design of water and waste product storage facilities (such as ash lagoons)
- Dam safety reviews
- Construction inspection services